«INFORMATICS AND APPLICATIONS»
Volume 6, Issue 3, 2012
Content | Bibliography | About Authors
Abstract and Keywords.
RADIO SOURCES STUDY WITH THE VIRTUAL OBSERVATORY TOOLS.
- O. P. Zhelenkova Special Astrophysical Observatory, RAS, email@example.com
Abstract: During a number of years (1980–1999), using different approaches on the basis of the Virtual Observatory means,
the study of sources of the surveys was conducted on the largest Russian radio telescope RATAN-600. Their bulk
identification is executedwith themaximumuse of data for different ranges of an electromagnetic spectrumavailable
in open access. With the use of the Virtual Observatory program tools, the approach on automatic preparation and
preliminary data processing is realized. The information system is developed for the resulting compilative catalogue
preparation that was applied in the analysis of information on each source andmaking decision on its identification.
Based on the experience gained while working with numerous heterogeneous resources, the author summarizes
that the Virtual Observatory infrastructure provides convenient access to astronomical resources and significantly
increases the efficiency of scientific research. However, there are still no advanced tools for further analysis, updating
and publication of data collected by the researcher. A number of projects is being developed to implement the most
linked data based on already existing Web technologies and that will transfer the Virtual Observatory services to a
new level of knowledge exchange through annotation of catalogue entries and the implementation of links between
Keywords: virtual observatory; distributed information system; computer science technology in scientific research;
integration of diverse information resources; databases
METHODOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF DEVELOPMENT OF THE ELECTRONIC RUSSIAN–ENGLISH
THESAURUS ON COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS .
- Yu.A. Zagorulko A. P. Ershov Instute of Informatics Systems, SB RAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O. I. Borovikova A. P. Ershov Instute of Informatics Systems, SB RAS, email@example.com
- I. S. Kononenko A. P. Ershov Instute of Informatics Systems, SB RAS, irina firstname.lastname@example.org
- E.G. Sokolova Russian State University for Humanities, email@example.com
Abstract: The paper discusses methodological aspects of development of the electronic Russian–English thesaurus on
computational linguistics. Rationale for the creation of the thesaurus, and the design principles are substantiated.
The general structure of the thesaurus, composition of the thesaurus entries, and set of relations between the
thesaurus terms are described. The procedure of choice of terms for inclusion in the thesaurus is depicted and the
problems with selection of the preferred term(descriptor) from a synonyms list as well as translation equivalents are
discussed. Features of implementation of online digital version of the thesaurus are considered. The paper gives a
particular attention to maintenance of a logical consistency of the thesaurus terminology system and to providing a
convenient access to the thesaurus content.
Keywords: multilingual thesaurus; computational linguistics; methodology for thesaurus development; ontology;
conceptual model of the thesaurus; scientific knowledge portal technology
CLASSIFICATION AND UTILIZATION OF SEMANTIC LINKAGES BETWEEN INFORMATION
OBJECTS IN SCIENTIFIC DIGITAL LIBRARIES .
- M.R. Kogalovsky Market Economy Institute, RAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- S. I. Parinov Central Economics andMathematics Institute, RAS, email@example.com
Abstract: An approach to increase the information value of scientific digital library by supporting the classified semantic
linkages between its information objects is discussed. An implementation of the proposed approach is based on the
domestic Socionet system that integrates a large number of scientific digital libraries and which is used de facto as a
research information space of the Social Science Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Keywords: digital library; information object; collection of information resources; semantic linkage; linkage
classifier; ontology; scientometrics
INTEGRATION OF GEOGRAPHIC METADATA USING RETROSPECTIVE THESAURUS.
- D.M. Skachkov Institute of Computational Technologies, SB RAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O. L. Zhizhimov Institute of Computational Technologies, SB RAS, email@example.com
Abstract: The questions, related with the development of interoperable thesaurus of geographic names, with geometric and
retrospective data included in, are discussed. The basic requirements to the thesaurus are defined. An overview
of existing solutions is provided and the main positions for thesaurus access profile have been formulated. The
relational database schema for thesaurus data is described.
Keywords: geographical metadata; integration; retrospective geocoding; thesaurus
UNIVERSAL SYSTEM OF PLAGIARISM DETECTION ”AUTOR.NET”.
- E. V. Sharapova Vladimir State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- R. V. Sharapov Vladimir State University, email@example.com
Abstract: The problem of duplicate texts detecting is discussed. The basic approaches to detection of text duplicates are
given. The existing programs of duplicate texts detecting have been reviewed. An overview of methods to conceal
the evidence of plagiarism is presented. A system “Autor.NET” which checks the text duplications founded on the
internal base of the sources and on Internet has been created.
Keywords: plagiarism; detection of plagiarism; copying
FRACTIONAL LEVY MOTION WITH DEPENDENT INCREMENTS AND ITS APPLICATION TO NETWORK TRAFFIC MODELING.
- C. De Nikola1 University of Salerno, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Y. S. Khokhlov People’s Friendship University of Russia, email@example.com
- M. Pagano University of Pisa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O. I. Sidorova Tver State University, Oksana.I.Sidorova@yandex.ru
Abstract: Since the beginning of the 1990s, accurate traffic measurements carried out in different network scenarios
highlighted that Internet traffic exhibits strong irregularities (burstiness) both in terms of extreme variability and
long-term correlations. These features, which cannot be captured in a parsimonious way by traditional Markovian models, have a deep impact on the network performance and lead to the introduction of б-stable distribution and
self-similar processes into the network traffic modeling. In this paper, a generalization of fractional Brownian
motion, which is able to capture both above-mentioned features of the real traffic, is considered.
Keywords: fractional Brownian motion; б-stable subordinator; self-similar processes; buffer overflow probability
ABOUT THE RATE OF CONVERGENCE OF ONE U-STATISTIC.
- O. Yanushkevichiene Vilnius University, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Lithuania, email@example.com
- R. Yanushkevichius Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences, Vilnius, Lithuania
Abstract: This paper pertains to the analysis of the asymptotic behavior ofU-statistics, which are important in the construction
and application of modern statistical methods for studying information systems.
Keywords: rates of convergence; Berry–Esseen bound; quadratic form; second-degree U-statistics; Kolmogorov
ESTIMATES OF THE RATE OF CONVERGENCE OF THE DISTRIBUTIONS OF RANDOM SUMS
TO VARIANCE-GAMMA DISTRIBUTIONS.
- V. E. Bening Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics,
M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University; IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- L.M. Zaks Department of Modeling and Mathematical Statistics, Alpha-Bank, email@example.com
- V. Yu. Korolev Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics,
M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University; IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The estimates are constructed for the accuracy of the approximation of the distributions of special random sums of
independent random variables with nonzero means by variance-gamma distributions.
Keywords: random sum; negative binomial distribution; gamma-distribution; convergence rate estimate; mixed
Poisson distribution; variance-gamma distribution
CROSS-LAYER OPTIMIZATION PLANNING PROBLEMS IN WIRELESS NETWORKS.
- Y.V. Gaidamaka Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Telecommunication Systems Department, email@example.com
- T. V. Efimushkina Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Telecommunication Systems Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.K. Samuylov Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Telecommunication Systems Department, email@example.com
- K. E. Samouylov Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Telecommunication Systems Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The review provides the state-of-the-art of the cross-layer optimization problems for the Orthogonal Frequency
Division Multiplex technology of Long-Term Evolution wireless networks. The notion of cross-layer optimization
is considered, the detailed optimization problems and its constraints arising from the radio resources allocation in
the downlink are investigated, and the brief discussion of schedulers and its utilization functions are presented.
Keywords: OFDM; cross-layer optimization; utility function; efficient frequency allocation
ASYMPTOTICS OF THE MAXIMUM WORKLOAD FOR A CLASS OF GAUSSIAN QUEUEING SYSTEMS.
- О. V. Lukashenko Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS; Petrozavodsk State University,
- Е. V.Morozov Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS; Petrozavodsk State University,
Abstract: The asymptotics of the maximum workload in a fluid queueing system fed by a process containing a random
component are described by a centeredGaussian process. It is assumed that the variance of the process is a regularly
varying at infinity function with index belonging to interval (0, 2). Such class of processes includes, in particular,
a sum of independent fractional Brownian motions. It is shown that, under an appropriate scaling, the maximum
workload over interval [0, t] converges in probability to an explicitly given constant as t increases.
Keywords: Gaussian queueing system; maximum workload; fractional Brownian motion; asymptotical analysis;
ON THE ESTIMATION OF THE OVERFLOW PROBABILITY IN REGENERATIVE FINITE BUFFER
- E. V.Morozov Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS; Petrozavodsk State University,
- R. S. Nekrasova Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS; Petrozavodsk State University,
Abstract: A few aspects of the regenerative estimation of the stationary overflow probability in finite buffer system are
considered. A proof of a general relation connecting the loss probability and idle probability in stationary regime is
given. An application of this result to a broad class of loss systems, in particular, to a retrial system with constant
retrial rate, is shown. An efficiency of this relation for regenerative estimation of the loss probability under different
traffic regimes and also with use of k-regenerations, appearing in the analysis of non-Markovian systems, is studied.
The numerical results of estimation are given.
Keywords: finite buffer systems; loss probability; idle probability; regenerative estimation; k-regenerations; retrial
STOCHASTIC MODELS OF MULTIPROCESSOR SYSTEMS: STABILITY AND MOMENT PROPERTIES.
- E. V.Morozov Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS; Petrozavodsk State University,
- A. S. Rumyantsev Institute of Applied Mathematical Research of Karelian Research Center, RAS, email@example.com
Abstract: The basic models of multiprocessor systems in which each job requires a random number of processors have been
studied. A new model of such system is proposed and studied, where, for a given job, all processing times are
identical. This assumption reflecting real service process makes the analysis of the system more difficult. To
investigate the model, some minorant and majorant (classical) systems are constructed, which allow, for a few
important particular cases, to obtain both stability conditions and the moment properties of the original stationary
Keywords: multiprocessor systems; random number of processors; identical processing times; stability conditions;
moment properties; stationary workload; high performance cluster
A RESTRICTION ON THE TOTAL VOLUME OF DEMANDS IN THE DISCRETE-TIME SYSTEM
- A. V. Pechinkin IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I.A. Sokolov IPI RAN, email@example.com
- S. Ya. Shorgin IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Consideration is given to a discrete-time queueing system Geo/G/1/Ѓ‡ with inverse service discipline without
service interruption, where each demand has random volume besides its length. The total volume of the demands
in the queue is limited by a certain nonrandom value. The algorithms for the system main stationary characteristics
evaluation are developed.
Keywords: queueing system; discrete time; length and volume of a demand
HEAVY-TRAFFIC ANALYSIS FOR THE QUEUEING SYSTEM WITH HYPEREXPONENTIAL STREAM.
- A. V. Ushakov IPI RAN, email@example.com
Abstract: The heavy traffic limiting distributions of the virtual waiting time in a single server queue with hyperexponential
input stream and head-of-the-line priority discipline are obtained.
Keywords: virtual waiting time; head-of-the-line priority; hyperexponential input stream; heavy traffic