«INFORMATICS AND APPLICATIONS»
Volume 5, Issue 1, 2011
Content | Bibliography | About Authors
Abstract and Keywords.
TWO-PRIORITY SYSTEM WITH RESERVATION OF CHANNELS AND MARKOV INPUT FLOW.
- A. V. Pechinkin IPI RAN, email@example.com
Abstract: The two-priority queueing system with trunk reservation and Markovian input flow of customers is considered. It is supposed that customers of each priority have two different phase-type distributions of their service times. Trunk
reservationmeans that there are some channels which can be used only by customers of high priority. On the basis of
researching the special general model, analytic relations that permit to calculate the main stationary characteristics
of the queueing system were obtained.
Keywords: queueing system; relative priority; reserving the channels
IMPROVEMENTS OF THE NONUNIFORM ESTIMATE FOR CONVERGENCE OF DISTRIBUTIONS
OF POISSON RANDOMSUMS TO THE NORMAL DISTRIBUTION.
- S. V. Gavrilenko Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The nonuniform estimates for convergence rate in the central limit theorem have been built. Using these structural
improvements, it is shown that absolute constant in the nonuniformestimate for convergence rate in the central limit
theorem for Poisson random sums is strictly less than similar constant in the nonuniform estimate for convergence
rate in the classical central limit theorem and, assuming finite third moment, it does not exceed 22.7707. As a
result, nonuniform estimates for convergence rate of the mixed Poisson, particularly, negative binomial, random
sums have been built.
Keywords: central limit theorem; convergence rate; nonuniform estimate; absolute constant; Poisson randomsum;
mixed Poisson distribution
ON ACCURACY OF APPROXIMATIONS FOR STANDARDIZED CHI-SQUARED DISTRIBUTIONS
BY EDGEWORTH–CHEBYSHEV EXPANSIONS.
- G. Cristoph Institute for Mathematical Stochastics, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany, email@example.com
- V. V. Ulyanov Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Astandardized chi-squared randomvariable Vn with n degrees of freedomis consideredwith Edgeworth–Chebyshev
expansions, the computable error bounds of orders for approximations of Vn
have been obtained. The results are useful in applications, in particular, in analysis of statistics ratio of probability
Keywords: asymptotic expansions; error bounds; chi-squared distribution
STABILITY OF FINITE MIXTURES OF GENERALIZED GAMMA-DISTRIBUTIONS WITH RESPECT
TO DISTURBANCE OF PARAMETERS.
- V. Yu. Korolev Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University; Institute of Informatics Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences,
- V.A. Krylov Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, email@example.com
- V. Yu. Kuz’min Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Using the example of the “contamination” model, in terms of uniform distance and Levy metric, estimates of
the stability of finite mixtures of generalized gamma-distributions against small disturbance of parameters were
Keywords: generalized gamma-distribution; finite mixture; Levy metric
ON THE ACCURACY OF THE NORMAL APPROXIMATION TO DISTRIBUTIONS OF POISSON
- Yu. S. Nefedova Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics,
M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, julia email@example.com
- I.G. Shevtsova Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics,
M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Two-sided bounds were constructed for the constant in the Berry.Esseen inequality for Poisson random sums of
independent identically distributed random variables with finite absolute moments of order .
The lower bounds were obtained for the first time. For the case , the upper bounds were sharpened, and
the nonuniform estimates were proved.
Keywords: central limit theorem; Poisson random sums; Berry.Esseen inequality; absolute constant; nonuniform
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OF ACTIVE PARAMETRIC IDENTIFICATION OF STOCHASTIC
QUASI-LINEAR DISCRETE SYSTEMS.
- V.M. Chubich Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Novosibirsk State Technical University, chubich email@example.com
Abstract: Some theoretical and applied aspects of the active parametric identification of the Gaussian nonlinear discrete
systems are considered for the first time. The original results are obtained for the case when the parameters of
the mathematical models to be estimated appear in the state and observation equations; the initial conditions
and covariance matrices of the dynamic noise and measurements errors were considered. An example of optimal
parameter estimation of one model structure is shown.
Keywords: parameter estimation; maximum likelihood method; optimal input signal design; Fisher information
matrix; optimality criterion
AGENT MODELING OF TERRITORIAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT.
- K. S. Chirkunov A. P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: An agent system that reflects development of the country economy (building of new factories, raising of the overall
level of income) based on the model of territorial system is considered. The elements of the model are presented in
the form of agents, autonomous units capable to interact with each other.
Keywords: agent negotiation algorithms; territorial system; simulation; economic zoning
TWO MODELS OF RESOURCE ALLOCATION UNDER THE ORGANIZATION OF INVESTMENT
- P. V. Demin State Educational Institution “Moscow Academy of the Labor Market and Information Technology,” email@example.com
Abstract: Two examples of solving the problems that arise during the organization of the investment processes which are
associated with the modernization of economy are considered. The first one relates with the problems while
choosing for financing a project among the variety. The second one relates with the problem of distribution of the
investment resources among the enterprises that are a part of the holding.
Keywords: investment process; innovation; bank financing; resources; holding
IRIS IMAGES COMPARISON ALGORITHM BASED ON IRIS KEY POINTS.
- E. Pavelyeva Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M. V. LomonosovMoscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A. Krylov Laboratory of Mathematical Methods of Image Processing, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, email@example.com
Abstract: Iris images comparison algorithm using iris key points is proposed. As the iris key points, the points with the
maximal convolution values in the Hermite transform are taken. Only iris regions free of glares, eyelashes, and
eyelids are analyzed to increase the effectiveness of the algorithm. The iris rotation angle estimation method is also
proposed. The proposed algorithm was tested with the public iris images database CASIA-IrisV3.
Keywords: biometrics; iris recognition; Hermite transform; iris key points
ALGORITHM OF AUTOMATIC FACE DETECTION IN THERMAL IMAGES.
- N. Basha Institute of Applied Acoustics, IUNSM “Dubna,” firstname.lastname@example.org
- L. Shulga Institute of Applied Acoustics, email@example.com
Abstract: An approach for thermal images analysis of intelligent video surveillance systems has been suggested. An automatic
face detection algorithm in thermal images is proposed. In order to evaluate the performance of the algorithm, the
experiments were carried out on the private database of 103 thermal images of 15 subjects obtained under different
environment conditions. The experimental results reveal good performance of the proposed algorithm.
Keywords: pattern recognition; image analysis; video surveillance; thermography; face detection
ON A REFINEMENT OF CERTAIN RESULTS FOR A BAYESIAN QUEUING MODEL.
- A.A. Kudriavtsev Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- S. Ya. Shorgin IPI RAN, email@example.com
Abstract: The paper relates to an essential refinement of published earlier formula for distribution of nonloss probability
in a Bayesian reliability model. The paper includes the correct formula for the probability density and improved
formulae of the first two moments of mentioned distribution.
Keywords: Bayesian approach; queueing systems; reliability; mixed distributions; modeling