«INFORMATICS AND APPLICATIONS»
Volume 4, Issue 1, 2010
Content | Bibliography | About Authors
Abstract and Keywords.
ON-LINE INFORMATION MODEL BUILDING OF THE EARTH POLE MOTION BY LINEAR AND LINEARIZED FILTERS.
- I.N. Sinitsyn IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- V. I. Sinitsyn IPI RAN, email@example.com
- E.R. Korepanov IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.V. Belousov IPI RAN, email@example.com
- N.N. Semendyaev IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Practical problems of on-line continuous and discrete filtering (estimation of state and parameters) of the Earth pole motion by linear and linearized filters are considered. Instrumental algorithms and software tools in MATLAB are discussed. Test examples and computer experiments based on astronometric measurements are presented.
Keywords: astronometric measurements; instrumental algorithms; software tools; information model; linear and linearized filters; generalized Kalman filters; on-line filtering; Kalman-Bucy filters; Pugachev filters; fluctuations of the Earth pole
ASYMPTOTIC DISTRIBUTIONS OF BASIC STATISTICS IN GEOMETRIC REPRESENTATION FOR HIGH-DIMENSIONAL DATA AND THEIR ERROR BOUNDS.
- Y. Kawaguchi Department ofMathematics, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, email@example.com
- V.V. Ulyanov Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Y. Fujikoshi Department of Mathematics, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, email@example.com
Abstract: In geometric representation of n observations on p variables, it is necessary to examine asymptotic behaviors of the three statistics; the length of a p-dimensional observation vector, the distance between two independent observation vectors, and the angle between these observation vectors. Hall et al. (2005) found the asymptotic values of these three statistics in high-dimensional framework when the dimension p tends to infinity, while the sample size n is fixed. In this paper, their results are extended by deriving asymptotic expansions of the distributions of the three statistics. Further, computable error bounds for the limiting distributions of the length and the distance were obtained. These results will be useful to obtain statistical insights in middle - as well as in high-dimensional data sets.
Keywords: asymptotic expansions; error bounds; high-dimensional data; geometric representation
ASYMPTOTIC EXPANSION FOR THE POWER OF TEST BASED ON SAMPLE MEDIAN
IN THE CASE OF LAPLACE DISTRIBUTION.
- V. E. Bening Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A. V. Sipina Department of Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, email@example.com
Abstract: Using asymptotic expansions, the formula for the limit of the difference between the powers of the test based on the sample median and the most powerful test for the case of Laplace distribution was obtained.
Keywords: sample median; asymptotic expansion; power function; Laplace distribution
ORGANIZATION OF USERS' MANAGEABLE ACCESS TO HETEROGENEOUS DEPARTMENTAL INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES.
- G. Y. Ilyushin IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I.A. Sokolov IPI RAN, email@example.com
Abstract: The paper is devoted to the realization issues of application interoperability and user access to data repositories management during IT-infrastructure renovation in large enterprises. For the governed evolution of the legacy management information systems and data repositories without interruption of existing systems operation, a technology is proposed for creating the middleware infrastructure based on hybrid software/hardware solutions.
The middleware based on the service-oriented architecture and Web Services technologies solves the problem of interoperability of heterogeneous applications a swell as the problem of providing a centralized model of management of user access to heterogeneous data repositories on the basis of formalized roles. Besides interoperability issues, the middleware infrastructure enables to solve a broad spectrum of problems related to a provision of information security of the required level.
Keywords: interoperability; access management; middleware; Web Services; legacy systems; metadata
PETROLEUM AS A CARRIER OF INFORMATION ON ITS ORIGIN, STRUCTURE, AND EVOLUTION.
- R.B. Seiful-Mulukov IPI RAN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: One of the most complicated and still unambiguously unresolved problems concerning the origin of petroleum
parent substance is considered. It is proved that the information on petroleum is contained in the petroleum itself and the petroleum as a complex system can be treated within the frame of the laws of informatics.
Keywords: petroleum; petroleum geneses; petroleum information carrier; petroleum information content;
information content evaluation
MODELING OF ELASTIC DEFORMATIONS IMPACT ON FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION PERFORMANCE.
- A.R. Arutyunyan Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, email@example.com
Abstract: Nuclear Safety Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
The problem of registration and modeling of distortions in biometric systems is considered. A biometric system performance is measured by false acceptance and false rejection rate which can be calculated from score distributions in genuine and impostor matches. The statistical moments are used to describe these score distributions with few parameters. Distortions shift the distributions and, consequently, moments. Based on it, an arbitrary distortion is modeled as shifts in score distribution. Finally, the experiments with modeling of impact of elastic deformation on fingerprint recognition were carried out.
Keywords: biometrics; operational testing; nonlinear fingerprint deformations
MATHEMATICAL MODELS OF FINGERPRINT IMAGE ON THE BASIS OF LINES DESCRIPTION.
- V.Yu. Gudkov Chelyabinsk State University, Department of Applied Mathematics, email@example.com
Abstract: The mathematical models of fingerprint based on the lines as topological vectors and ridge count are presented. They are stored in the template with the list of minutiae. The templates are used to identify the fingerprint.
Keywords: fingerprint; minutiae; topology; event detector; ridge count
AUTOMATED QUALITY TESTING OF DIGITAL IMAGERY FOR PERSONAL DOCUMENTS.
- S. L. Karateev FGUP "GosNIIAS," firstname.lastname@example.org
- I. V. Beketova FGUP "GosNIIAS," email@example.com
- M. V. Ososkov FGUP "GosNIIAS"
- V.A. Knyaz FGUP "GosNIIAS"
- Yu. V. Vizilter FGUP "GosNIIAS"
- A. V. Bondarenko FGUP "GosNIIAS"
- S. Yu. Zheltov FGUP "GosNIIAS"
Abstract: The software-hardware system for digital face imagery acquisition and testing for requirements of ISO/IEC FCD 19794-5 standard is described. System contains the following algorithmic modules: face detector; color and intensity characteristics estimator; opened/closed eyes detector; glasses detector, reflexes, shines, and shadows detector; face features detector (nose, brows, mouth); face slope/rotation detector. The precision of face orientation estimation based on monocular digital imagery is addressed. The approach for precision estimation is developed based on comparison of synthesized facial two-dimensional images and scanned face three-dimensional model.
Keywords: biometrics; personal documents; face imagery; face detection; boosting; three-dimensional reconstruction; three-dimensional modeling
AN ALGORITHMFOR CLOTHES-BASED HUMAN RECOGNITION IN VIDEO.
- V. S. Konushin M.V. Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences; M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- G.R. Krivovyaz M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, email@example.com
- A. S. Konushin M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: The new algorithm for clothes-based human recognition in video is presented. The algorithm is based on random patches classification with a random forest. The main advantage of the algorithm is the fact that it does not rely on human mask; therefore, it is able to work with video with arbitrary complex background. Experimental results are reported for a test set, which was acquired using authors' video surveillance system.
Keywords: video-based human recognition; machine learning; random forest; background subtraction
HERMITE TRANSFORM BASED IRIS KEY POINTS SELECTION AND ANALYSIS.
- E. A. Pavelyeva Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, email@example.com
- A. S. Krylov Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Key points selection method based on local Hermite transform for iris recognition has been designed. Use of iris key points enables to obtain good recognition results with small storage capacity.
Keywords: biometrics; iris; Hermite transform; key points
DRAWING UP OF AN IDENTIKIT USING EVOLUTIONARY MORPHING AND QUALIMETRY METHOD.
- V. Protasov Russian Center of Computing for Physics and Technology, Protvino, email@example.com
Abstract: The new information technology for drawing up of an identikit is resulted. It is based on genetic algorithms and work of group of witnesses. The model of "the virtual witness" has been developed. The model is intended for calculation of accuracy of drawing up of an identikit. It includes ability of the person to drawing persons and the ability to compare different individuals according to their similarity to the original. The fatigue of a witness after a long work on the recognition and comparison of individuals is counted. The model provides setting method and qualimetry of evolutionary morphing.
Keywords: identikit; evolutionary morphing; genetic algorithms; decision making; qualimetry