XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models
June 16 – 21, 2014
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
PROGRAMME OF THE SEMINAR (pdf-file; 116 Kb)
ABSTRACTS OF THE SEMINAR (pdf-file; 1.8 Mb)
All the participants are invinted to submit their papers for publication in a special volume
"Procceedings of the XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models"
of "Journal of Mathematical Sciences", Springer Science+Business Media, ISSN 1573-8795.
Papers are expected to do not exceed 15 pages and to be typeset in LaTeX system by use of our instruction and the template .
Source files of the article and a compiled pdf-file should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than by 1 December 2014 .
POSTER (pdf-file, 6Mb)
XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models will be held on 16-21 June, 2014 in Trondheim, Norway, under the auspices of Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, and Institute of Informatics Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and under sponsorship of ExactProSystems.
Seminars on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models have a long tradition. They were founded by Vladimir Zolotarev in the 1970’s. The seminars were attended by leading probabilists from all over the world. The Seminars traditionally aim at bringing together people from Eastern and Western parts of Europe to share their expertise, new results, exchange the ideas and discuss open problems. In this century Seminars took place in Hungary, Bulgaria, Spain, Latvia, Italy, Israel, Romania, and Poland. The previous XXIX, XXX, and XXXI seminars were held in Russia: in 2011 and 2012 – in Svetlogorsk (Kaliningrad region of Russia) and in 2013 – in Moscow. Information concerning the previous seminars including abstracts of communications are available at http://www.ipiran.ru/conference/stabil_eng/.
International Program and Organizing Committee
- Vladimir Zolotarev (Russia) – Honorary Chairman
- Victor Korolev (Russia) – Chairman
- Nikolai Ushakov (Norway) – Deputy Chairman
- Irina Shevtsova (Russia) – General Secretary
- Yuri Khokhlov (Russia)
- Sergey Shorgin (Russia)
- Sandor Baran (Hungary)
- Vladimir Bening (Russia)
- Alexander Bulinski (Russia)
- Jolanta Misiewicz (Poland)
- Edward Omey (Belgium)
- Gyula Pap (Hungary)
- Alexander Zeifman (Russia)
- Yulia Nefedova (Russia) – Secretary
Main Topics of the XXXII Seminar
- Limit theorems and stability problems
- Asymptotic theory of stochastic processes
- Stable distributions and processes
- Asymptotic statistics
- Risk theory
- Discrete probability models
- Characterization of probability distributions
- Insurance and financial mathematics
- Applied statistics
- Queueing theory and modeling information systems.
- Statistical calculation and simulation (including MCMC)
- Spatial statistics
- Bio and medical statistics
- Stochastic dynamics
- Extreme value statistics
- Analysis of rounded data
- Nonparametric estimation
- Goodness-of-fit testing
2 April, 2014: early bird registration fee payment
1 May, 2014: deadline for registration and submission of abstracts. Notification of acceptance - no later than one week after submission.
20 May, 2014: regular registration fee payment
16 June, 2014: the Seminar starts
Registration is available by the link . Upon registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a personal Access Key, which you must save to access or edit your conference registration data. This registration system should also be used for payments for registration fee and social events and for hotel booking.
Abstract are expected to do not exceed 2 pages and should be typeset in TeX/LaTeX format using our template.
Both source file(s) (.tex) and a compiled .pdf file of the abstract should be sent to email@example.com .
Early bird registration fee (before 15 March) – 2500 NOK (~301 EUR)
Normal registration fee (before 20 May) – 2700 NOK (~325 EUR)
Late registration fee (after 20 May & Onsite) – 2900 NOK (~349 EUR)
(Approximate prices in EUR are given by 04/03/2014)
- The registration fee includes Mayor's Reception Monday evening, lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Registration fee should be payed by the registration system either by the credit card (which is prefered) or by the bank transfer.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club are accepted.
- If you do not want to pay the registration fee immediately upon registration you should choose "Payment by the bank transfer". Later you can login into your personal conference registration system by use of the Access Key which will be sent by e-mail upon registration and pay the fee by the credit card.
Conference secretariat offers a little discount when booking a hotel by the registration system:
Comfort Hotel Park
- Single room - 1010 NOK
- Double room - 1210 NOK
- Single room - 650 NOK
- Double room - 900 NOK
Nidaros Pilgrimcenter has also triple rooms. If you need a triple room, please, contact directly to the hotel. Both hotels are situated in the center of the city, near the famous Nidaros Cathedral.
Prices are given per room per night, breakfast is included. Hotel booking with these special prices is possible only by the registration system.
You will have to provide your credit card details to book a room.
Cancellations are possible untill 1 June and should be requested by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Monday, 16 June: Mayor's reception - free of charge
- Tuesday, 17 June: Excursion to Munkholmen - 400 NOK (boat trip, buffet, wine and a guide is included)
- Thursday, 19 June: Dinner at the Fortress - 400 NOK
Social events are supposed to be booked and payed in the registration system.
Invitations will be sent to the registered participants upon their request only.
Your request should be sent to email@example.com and should contain specification if you need a scan copy by e-mail, a fax copy, or a hard copy by the post. In the two latter cases specify also the fax number/postal address the invitation should be sent to.
The International Workshop
is held within the framework and under the aegis of the International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models since 2006.
"Applied Problems in Theory of Probabilities and Mathematical Statistics Related to Modeling of Information Systems" (APTP + MS)
The workshop is supported mainly by Lomonosov Moscow State University and Institute of Informatics Problems (Russian Academy of Sciences). The workshop has been supported by Peoples' Friendship University of Russia, University of Salerno (Italy), University of Malaga (Spain), et al.
Sessions of the Workshop were held in Russia, Italy, Spain, Andorra, Switzerland.
The Autumn Session of the V Workshop and the Summer Session of VI Workshop were held in Svetlogorsk, Kaliningrad Region of Russia
within the framework of the International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models (see
The Spring Session of the VII Workshop was held in April, 2013 in Moscow , Russia, in Peoples' Friendship University of Russia
within the framework of the International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models (see www.ipiran.ru/conference/stabil2013).
The Winter Session of the VIII Workshop: Salzburg, Austria, in January, 2014.
The Summer Session of the
VIII International Workshop "Applied Problems in Theory of Probabilities
and Mathematical Statistics Related to Modeling of Information Systems" (APTP + MS'2013)
will be held in Trondheim, Norway on June 16 - 21, 2014 (collocated with the XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models) in Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
The topics of the workshop:
- Modeling of information systems by methods of probability theory
- Modeling of information systems by methods of the theory of stochastic processes
- Applied queuing theory
- Discrete probabilistic models
- Statistical methods for the analysis of information systems
- Probabilistic models for information security
- Teletraffic theory
- Multiservice networks with elastic and streaming traffic
- Analytical models of P2P networks
Co-chairmen of International Organizing Committee are
I. Atencia (Spain), A. Grusho (Russia), K. Samouylov (Russia), S. Shorgin (Russia).
Committee Members are
S. Frenkel (Russia), R. Manzo (Italy), A. Pechinkin (Russia), N. Ushakov (Norway), E.Timonina (Russia) et al.
Abstracts of communications of the XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models will be published before the Seminar. Proceedings of XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models will be published in the «Journal of Mathematical Sciences» (Springer Science+Business Media, ISSN: 1072-3374) and in the «Informatics and Applications» (ISSN: 1992-2264).